Author Topic: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread  (Read 89814 times)

Offline ssherjj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread
« Reply #1200 on: December 04, 2018, 01:09:05 am »
Ditto Dan! Thank you! So far so good! :)
Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security 
Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Expert Product Advisor Webroot Forum Gold VIP  (Beta Tester)
VoodooShields  v4.67

Offline vonvon

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: December 04, 2018, 03:42:50 pm »
Voodoo Shield + Emsisoft
Voodoo Shield + Webroot S.A.

No issue at all, all ok.
Zen, or trying to be !

Offline Geri123

• View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: December 04, 2018, 03:50:08 pm »
Maybe it's just me but I've been getting quite a few AV/AI unavailable notices over the past 2 days.
I got the same problem every now and then. You are not alone ;)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VS 4.66 (Win 10, 64bits) when trying to start Guild Wars 2 which is as legit as it could be. Internet working and active ofcourse
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 07:00:27 pm by Geri123 »

Offline Telos

• View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: December 08, 2018, 02:04:32 am »
Let "The Inquisition" begin...
https://malwaretips.com/threads/questions-on-voodoosoft-llc-voodooshield.88467/

Oh my... We ask these questions of all our software providers... Eh?

Offline ssherjj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: December 08, 2018, 02:59:44 am »
Let "The Inquisition" begin...
https://malwaretips.com/threads/questions-on-voodoosoft-llc-voodooshield.88467/

Oh my... We ask these questions of all our software providers... Eh?

Those questions are insane! ::) beta
Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Expert Product Advisor Webroot Forum Gold VIP  (Beta Tester)
VoodooShields  v4.67

Offline Baldrick

• Visiting Experts
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: December 08, 2018, 11:10:17 am »
Just ignore them...they are a bunch of dunderheads, for the most part (with some exceptions) who seem to have nothing better to do then to ask question/make comments to agrandise themselves in other and their own eyes.

Offline ssherjj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: December 08, 2018, 12:48:24 pm »
Will do Baldrick. You're exactly right!  :)
VoodooShields  v4.67

Online oldschool

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: December 08, 2018, 10:21:53 pm »
One thing I take from "that" discussion and I have thought for quite a while, is that average joe customers would benefit from an updated user manual.  It would also benefit VS to include a bit of VS history and info about the company. What that guy was doing was not looking for answers but something quite different... … and I'll leave it at that. Anyone who really wants answers (except the average joes) knows to come here, and anyone can contact Dan directly. He's prompt and friendly in my experience. Enough said!  beta
"... still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions..." - Guy Noir, Private Eye

W10 1803 Bitdefender Free 1.0.14.74 (Test drive) + VoodooShield Pro

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #1208 on: Today at 05:02:44 am »
Wow, I really wish I had that much time on my hands.  If Eddie Morra (Opcode) really wants me to answer those questions, I will be more than happy to.  He can email me his contact info and we can schedule a conference call… I will even meet with our attorneys so they can answer the questions that I am unable to answer.  I have talked to people on the phone in the past who were not exactly friendly to VS… well, until they tried it after the phone call ;).

I am not sure what he is talking about when he says someone is stalking him.  Perhaps if he would not post such senseless, long winded rants, people would not want to read his posts.  Everyone enjoys a good train wreck.  Either way, I really hope none of the VS supporters are doing anything crazy to him, if so, please do not do that… seriously.  Dirty tricks are not our thing.

I believe our marketing is EXTREMELY honest and ethical.  Our lead attorney, Jim, is extremely strict on this.  I have said it before, and I will say it again… if ANYONE disagrees with ANY of our marketing, PLEASE let me know, and if it is an issue, we will certainly fix it.  Also, I do not recall EVER dissing other cybersecurity companies that are on the VT list.  If I have, please let me know and I will apologize for it.  We even say on our website “Traditional antivirus is great, but your computer should be locked when it is at risk.”  There are a lot of great AV products on the market these days… they have come a VERY long way the last 5-8 years… and they all work great with VS!!!  I just simply think the computer should also be locked when the end user is engaging in risky behavior on their computer.

They are just trying to get a reaction out of me.  I let them do it for a while because it was great exposure for VS, so I played along.  But now I am tired of it.  As I said before... two steps ahead ;).

The really funny thing about all of this… as you guys know, I am one of the very, very few ACTUAL devs who interacts with the security community and enjoys doing so.  So the funny thing is that you guys and the rest of the security community knows more about me, my personal life and VS then they will EVER know about pretty much everyone else in cybersecurity.  I have nothing to hide.

I have just never been one for childish games and dirty tricks… so I became really burned out on security forums.  I can tell you the exact day and time that I decided that I was no longer going to let the trolls waste my time: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/wannacry-exploit-could-infect-windows-10.394550/page-13#post-2688065

Lastly, people often accuse others of being emotionally involved in online cybersecurity discussions.

If you ask me, the person in the following picture is MUCH more emotionally involved than a dev who simply wants to build something, rather than spending my time trolling: http://i.imgur.com/jtPFPgf.png

Anyway, thank you guys!  I have been tied up with a few things this week, but things should go back to normal early next week… talk to you soon!

Online oldschool

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: Today at 06:12:43 am »
… If you ask me, the person in the following picture is MUCH more emotionally involved than a dev who simply wants to build something, rather than spending my time trolling: http://i.imgur.com/jtPFPgf.png ...

What I witnessed is trolling, with psychological ju-jitsu employed afterwards as a defensive maneuver... against imagined enemies! An unbelievable freak show!

I don't think any more time needs to be wasted on this subject, by you or by anyone else here.

BTW: VS + Bitdefender Free is working very nicely for me on my month-long test drive!
"... still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions..." - Guy Noir, Private Eye

W10 1803 Bitdefender Free 1.0.14.74 (Test drive) + VoodooShield Pro

Offline boredog

• View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: Today at 06:17:59 pm »
I just did an update check through the GUI and didn't see anything but noticed version 4.68 on the official site.

Offline Triple Helix

• Administrator
  • Truth is more of a stranger than fiction.
    • View Profile
    • Webroot Community Supporter
« Reply #1211 on: Today at 06:26:30 pm »
I just did an update check through the GUI and didn't see anything but noticed version 4.68 on the official site.

See here: https://calendarofupdates.org/index.php?topic=770.msg9548#msg9548
Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete & VoodooShield Pro
Alienware 17R5 Laptop with the new i9-8950HK Processor, 32GB of RAM and 2 Samsung NVMe 960 Pro's.

Offline boredog

• View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: Today at 08:06:01 pm »
Yes in that post Dan was saying he was releasing 4.69 in a few days. I was just trying to say the update button in VS GUI never found the 4.68 update only 4.67.