Author Topic: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread  (Read 62960 times)

Offline frowner

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread
« Reply #960 on: September 24, 2018, 04:41:43 pm »
Hi might be a stupid question but can rehips be used with voodooshield. Just those 2 with no av's? Thks
Yes, you can use them together. I am a ReHIPS alpha/beta tester, and I haven't seen any conflicts reported, or seen any myself. Of course, every system is different. But since you will not be running an AV, you already took the biggest troublemaker out of the picture.

Please note that you will have a significant amount of overlap, because ReHIPS has a lot of mitigations that are similar to VS. 

If you find any bugs or issues that involve ReHIPS in any way, just log into their forum and tell them about it. :)

Thks for the info trying it out this week.

Offline yashkhan

• View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 24, 2018, 09:23:32 pm »
@yashkhan Other then clicking on the blue ! Thingy in Settings/Basic Settings to get the screen below i can offer no other info :D
Hope it helps.
I meant VS works as per Mode set so how would Security Posture come into play?

Offline Geri123

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 26, 2018, 05:09:26 pm »
@Dan VS 4.53 smart mode/aggressive
No "indicator thingy" again between green and orange scale

Offline vonvon

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 03, 2018, 02:36:02 pm »
Hi

Update win 10 1809 - WoodooShield 4.54 run fine alonside Sophos Home premium and Win Patrol Plus.

Evrything perfect for me.

Best regards
Zen, or trying to be !

Offline Azure Phoenix

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 05, 2018, 03:18:07 pm »
Dan

Don't know if you are aware. But someone posted being hacked while VoodooShield was on Always ON mode.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/voodooshield.313706/page-722#post-2784876

"can't recommend it since I got hacked when using VD shield with bitdefender,/windows firewall (the planted malicious exe was running without VD moaning about anything, happened twice, first time Bitdefender stopped it & second time no (40-60 VT detection but not seen by Bitdefender and VD at that time, had to wipe everything) but everything is hackable so my feedback objectively sucks and the program is probably improving. I personally don't feel safe using it for now though."

Offline Antarctica

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 05, 2018, 04:34:01 pm »
Dan

Don't know if you are aware. But someone posted being hacked while VoodooShield was on Always ON mode.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/voodooshield.313706/page-722#post-2784876

"can't recommend it since I got hacked when using VD shield with bitdefender,/windows firewall (the planted malicious exe was running without VD moaning about anything, happened twice, first time Bitdefender stopped it & second time no (40-60 VT detection but not seen by Bitdefender and VD at that time, had to wipe everything) but everything is hackable so my feedback objectively sucks and the program is probably improving. I personally don't feel safe using it for now though."

I am using VS since 5-6 years now and feel quite safe! But hey, nothing is 100% bullet proof. :)

Offline Triple Helix

• Administrator
  • Truth is more of a stranger than fiction.
    • View Profile
    • Webroot Community Supporter
« Reply #966 on: October 05, 2018, 04:38:16 pm »
Dan

I'm sorry but I don't believe that person and who knows what he was doing for sure??? He's only been a member at Wilders since:

Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security
Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete & VoodooShield Pro
Alienware 17R5 Laptop with the new i9-8950HK Processor, 32GB of RAM and 2 Samsung NVMe 960 Pro's.

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #967 on: October 05, 2018, 05:05:06 pm »
Thank you guys!  It sounds to me like BD blocked the file the first time (which is why VS did not see it), and VS blocked the file the second time (otherwise he would not have been able to see the blacklist scan results), and he allowed the file based on these results.  It would be interesting to see what the VoodooAi score was though… it is quite funny that there is no mention of that 😉.  Honestly, this “reported bypass” seems a little fishy to me, but if he is interested in looking into this, he can email me at support at voodooshield.com, and I would be happy to look into it when I get a chance.  I am super busy at the moment with business and personal things, but I hope to have a new version of VS within a week or two, and hope to have these last few bugs fixed.  Once I get caught up everything should go back to normal and we can talk about what changes and new features we should make for VS 5.0.

Have a great weekend, thank you guys!

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #968 on: October 05, 2018, 05:06:08 pm »
@Dan VS 4.53 smart mode/aggressive
No "indicator thingy" again between green and orange scale
BTW, this should be fixed now... along with several of the other bugs that have been reported, I just have not had a chance to let you guys know.  I hope to catch up as soon as possible, thank you!

Offline oldschool

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 05, 2018, 06:02:51 pm »
I agree! This "bypass" seems fishy to me as well. I use VS Pro and look forward to the next version.  8) As a new member who has lurked here for awhile, I have to say I'm glad you found a home here at COU. Based on my experience at other forums, this appears to be a favorable environment for its members.
"... still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions..." - Guy Noir, Private Eye

Windows Defender + VoodooShield Pro

Offline Triple Helix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 05, 2018, 06:07:36 pm »
I agree! This "bypass" seems fishy to me as well. I use VS Pro and look forward to the next version.  8) As a new member who has lurked here for awhile, I have to say I'm glad you found a home here at COU. Based on my experience at other forums, this appears to be a favourable environment for its members.

Welcome to COU oldschool! So very true this is the best environment for any members that want to be part of our Community!

Cheers,

Daniel  ;)
Alienware 17R5 Laptop with the new i9-8950HK Processor, 32GB of RAM and 2 Samsung NVMe 960 Pro's.

Offline simmerskool

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 08, 2018, 05:44:37 am »
I agree! This "bypass" seems fishy to me as well. I use VS Pro and look forward to the next version.

+1  ???

Offline Rainwalker

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 10, 2018, 04:56:46 pm »
VS latest version is not working with Brave browser dev latest.

Offline Triple Helix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 10, 2018, 05:02:46 pm »
VS latest version is not working with Brave browser dev latest.

Add it to VS.

Offline Rainwalker

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 10, 2018, 05:54:04 pm »
Thanks TH...Never paid much attention to Web Apps. Default took care of everything. Brave now working with VS.