Author Topic: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread  (Read 80994 times)

Offline Schank873-2

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread
« Reply #705 on: July 08, 2018, 02:53:06 am »
Working great...no issues.

Offline yashkhan

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 08, 2018, 05:39:06 am »
4.50 working fine here.

Offline Baldrick

• Visiting Experts
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 08, 2018, 10:52:33 am »
VS is ALWAYS working fine... ;)

Best (well one of a very few  ;)) bitof kit ever.

Baldrick

Offline djg05

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 08, 2018, 11:10:52 am »
No apparent problems here with 4.50. Thanks Dan, great job.

David

Offline dotnetnightmare

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 08, 2018, 07:34:21 pm »
As Dan noted the VPN issue is for a small few. I use Mullvad with the official openvpn based installer and no issue. I found out about a Wireguard client for Windows called TunSafe and it has issues. I have my cable modem & router on a timer to reboot daily. This daily reboot causes an issue with TunSafe reconnecting and this causes VS to give the familiar crash from the beta testing. Disconnect the VPN, reconnect, start VS, and all good until next cycle. Obviously this is not a pressing issue as I could go back to the OpenVPN client. I have to admit that TunSafe is alot faster than openvpn. It connects in a second flat & is almost 3 times faster. Very impressed!

Offline simmerskool

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 09, 2018, 05:52:48 am »
As Dan noted the VPN issue is for a small few.  I found out about a Wireguard client for Windows called TunSafe and it has issues.  I have to admit that TunSafe is alot faster than openvpn. It connects in a second flat & is almost 3 times faster. Very impressed!

I've been having connection issue too with another vpn service, but it just started within the last few versions of VS.  IIRC I had no issues with 4.28 or with earlier versions.  The VS vpn related crashes are irregular, no obvious pattern, sometimes VS would crash within a few minutes, other times it could run for hours, but it was crashing every day, every new vpn use.  VS Does not crash with free version!  Dan is aware of this. 

I was curious about TunSafe so I googled, it was way down on the page but finally found it, tunsafe_dot_com, but I got a security warning when the page tried to load, best guess they're using an outdated certificate, but I just closed the page (since I'm not currently running VS 4.50 due to the dll vpn bug). 

Offline schmidthouse

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 09, 2018, 03:51:06 pm »
Oddly my internet connection has also started dropping for no apparent reason.
Started I guess a few weeks ago.
Will investigate further..... Mmm. ???

Edit:
So tracked issue to different software.
Not VPN related.
VS 4.5 doing great!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 05:21:10 pm by schmidthouse »
***HP ENVY 15K LT  W10 Pro 64Bit/750GB HD/ 16GB Ram/Avast Prem.bc/VS/WFC/HotSpot Shield VPN/SANDBOXIE/Prey Project
**HP Compaq Buisness LT W10 Pro 64Bit/1TB HD/ 8GB Ram/WDsandboxed/WFC/VS/Avast Secureline/SANDBOXIE/Prey Project     
*Dell Inspiron  xpSP4 PRO 32 Bit/Avast (since 2002)/Comodo FW 3.14/OSA/Comodo Ice Dragon/Avast Secureline
LAYERED SECURITY SOFTWARE PROTECTION on all OS's
Do not confuse Kindness for Weakness

Offline Telos

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 09, 2018, 06:15:06 pm »
Curious here... a few of my programs bring up the "Install" option when I first run them... particularly Paint.NET (portable) and Evernote (installed version).

Why?

Offline HempOil

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 10, 2018, 06:42:47 pm »
No issues to report since upgrading to v4.50
Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1803, build 17134.376
Comodo Internet Security Premium 10.2.0.6526
VoodooShield 4.65
HMP.A 3.7.9 b767 & HMP 3.8.0 b295 (64-bit)
Google Chrome 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit) run in Comodo sandbox with strict site isolation enabled

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #714 on: July 11, 2018, 10:28:51 am »
Thank you guys, I will catch up asap ;).

The bug in the dll turned out to be a lot more work than I thought 😉.  After consulting with Alex, we decided that the best option was to move from .net 3.5. to .net 4.5.  Pretty much everything was super smooth, and actually, VS is even more super freaking quick, but I have had some issues with the installer.  My Pascal is a little rusty… well, it is super rusty, and to do this right I need to figure out some Pascal / Installer code.

Anyway, a few people have mentioned that VS Free gives away too many features for free.  I totally agree, but trust me, there is a method to my madness 😉.
We will soon be releasing VS 5.0, that has minor graphical UI changes, and all previous yearly and lifetime licenses will no longer be valid, and the new price for a license is now $1,000.00 per year.  Sorry about that… if you want this kind of protection, you are going to have to pay for it.

Just kidding 😉.  Actually, if anyone needs a license, just let me know, I will hook you up.

Anyway, as soon as I figure out this pascal installer stuff, I will post a new version with the 4.5 runtime.

Thank you guys!!!

Dan
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 11:58:06 pm by VoodooShield »

Offline Schank873-2

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 11, 2018, 11:55:40 am »
>>>>We will soon be releasing VS 5.0, that has minor graphical UI changes, and all previous yearly and lifetime licenses will no longer be valid, and the new price for a license is now $1000.00 per year.  Sorry about that… if you want this kind of protection, you are going to have to pay for it.

Just kidding 😉.  Actually, if anyone needs a license, just let me know, I will hook you up.<<<<

Dang Dan, you just about had me to change my underwear....thanks for your hard work....

Offline ssherjj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 11, 2018, 11:14:40 pm »
Hey Everyone,

So here is 4.50!  This version has the new reworked driver and it seems to be doing quite well.

There should only be one remaining bug… the one that is in the Nivot.SignalR dll, and Alex is working on it as we speak.  This bug only affects certain users with certain VPN’s… but we need to fix it either way.  Other than that, I think we are finally pretty much bug free… and it is going to stay that way 😉.

Our digital signature expired today, so I started using another one that we had, so the first 10 or so users will probably see some warnings from smart screen and the like.

www.voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield450.exe

SHA256: c27540a522e1e6359449a46f980b54baf48c3ce45fa0c7387895956a8f43ce6f

Thank you guys, I will catch up asap!!!

Thank you Dan! I just installed VS4.50. I'll holler if I encure any issues. Much appreciate your hard work! ;D
Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security 
Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Expert Product Advisor Webroot Forum Gold VIP  (Beta Tester)
VoodooShields  v4.65

Offline Mr.GumP

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 12, 2018, 03:07:33 am »
pretty sure the countdown timer isn't counting down.
--BitDefender AV
--VoodooShield
--OSArmor

Offline Mr.GumP

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 12, 2018, 08:11:48 am »
okay It is but maybe it refreshes the count when I mouse over the box?

I noticed that I get a block pop up alert but there is no entry in the user log or command line log.
--BitDefender AV
--VoodooShield
--OSArmor

Offline Geri123

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 12, 2018, 09:01:24 am »
@Mr.Gump Im on VS <4.5 and afaik the timer always stopped/reset when you hoover over the popup. It gave you time to read all and make a decision without haste.

VS 4.50 on win 7 running nicely atm.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 06:23:42 pm by Geri123 »