Author Topic: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread  (Read 30532 times)

Offline simmerskool

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread
« Reply #615 on: June 13, 2018, 06:29:11 am »
uninstalled 4.31 completely, installed 4.32, went smoothly as usual.  been having some issues perhaps related to the vpn service I use, and Dan is looking into it as he has time. THANKS
the "small new features" that Dan added to 4.32... I have not stumbled across them yet, but just did a quick skim of settings.  are "notice immediately" and "very obvious" synonyms? One person's obvious is another person's oblivious :-) 

Offline djg05

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 13, 2018, 10:53:33 am »
You can right click on either the desktop icon or tray and select Voodooshield settings. Otherwise I am not sure what you are trying to say.

Seems that no one understands my message.

Have just installed 4.32 over the top of 4.31 and the problem is still there.

I'll try again. If I double click on any other icon in the sys tray then it will open a window on the screen. This does not happen with VS. It does load it but is minimised to the task bar. So for new users it may be confusing since it is not following convention. I do run the taskbar hidden and that might be causing the problem.

Hope you can understand this.

David

Offline Andi

• He died for you, why not live for Him?
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 13, 2018, 11:10:36 am »
Hi Dan,

I notice two minor issues with v4.31, one cosmetic and one practical...

For first, look at the picture and second is when a user manually checks for an update, the message window appears beneath the open Voodoo window so it is hidden until user close or move the main window. I wait and wait for a response of update and when I give up and close main Voodoo window, then I saw that notification is already there!

Edit: and 4.31 won't recognize that there is 4.32 version and says "You are running the latest version..."

Win10 x64
Security: BitDefender free, VoodooShield, AdGuard, HTTPS Everywhere, WDBP, Open DNS

Offline Askmark

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 13, 2018, 12:13:08 pm »
I'll try again. If I double click on any other icon in the sys tray then it will open a window on the screen. This does not happen with VS. It does load it but is minimised to the task bar. So for new users it may be confusing since it is not following convention. I do run the taskbar hidden and that might be causing the problem.
Tested on 4.32 and double-clicking icon in system tray results in main Voodooshield window opening as expected. It does not minimise to the task bar on my system.

Edit: and 4.31 won't recognize that there is 4.32 version and says "You are running the latest version..."
I expect it's because 4.32 is a beta build.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:29:58 pm by Askmark »

Offline hayc59

• Esquire
  • Administrator
  • Your A Daisy
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 13, 2018, 03:56:21 pm »
another fine release Dan, couple more bugs to fix and if
I were you I would release a 'final' and take a long break..you have
worked your ass off for a long time bro!!

Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP
Living Is A Problem Because Everything Dies...

Offline frowner

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 13, 2018, 04:20:08 pm »
Hi with latest 4.31 what is happening twith the color blue or red, does not seem to change color for being on or off?
Hi, nice to meet you... yeah, I noticed that too.  It is fixed in 4.32, but if you still encounter this issue, please let me know!  Thank you!

Hi Dan Nice to meet you also great hreat product Thanks for the fix.

Offline Homer712

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 14, 2018, 04:06:52 am »
Just downloaded 4.32 and installed over 4.31. Everything works well so far but I noticed a strange issue. If you double click on the tray icon the small window comes up to have you enter the password. If you are not in an active application (tray icon is red) even though the small window seems active, typing does nothing. You have to put the pointer in the box and click to make it active so what you are typing gets entered. If you are in an active application (web or email and the tray icon is blue) and you double click the tray icon the window is active and as soon as you start typing it shows up in the password window. Reproducible (at least on my machine, Dell laptop, Win 10, 1803, latest updates as of June 12th).

Offline djg05

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 14, 2018, 11:12:56 am »
Tested on 4.32 and double-clicking icon in system tray results in main Voodooshield window opening as expected. It does not minimise to the task bar on my system.

Thanks

I am running win 8.1 pro and using Start8 instead of standard windows. Are you on win 10

David

Offline CyberGhosT

• Youngling
  • Ummmm ... No :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 14, 2018, 08:45:07 pm »
Thanks and Howdy Dan, 432 is running very smooth on my Win10 monster.
Stay frosty brother :)

Offline Mx

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 14, 2018, 11:46:15 pm »

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #625 on: June 15, 2018, 03:20:56 am »
You can right click on either the desktop icon or tray and select Voodooshield settings. Otherwise I am not sure what you are trying to say.

Seems that no one understands my message.

Have just installed 4.32 over the top of 4.31 and the problem is still there.

Hope you can understand this.

David
Hey David, that is odd that it is minimized... I see what you mean now.  Either way, I will make sure this is fixed for the next version, thank you!
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #626 on: June 15, 2018, 03:24:31 am »
Hi Dan,

I notice two minor issues with v4.31, one cosmetic and one practical...

For first, look at the picture and second is when a user manually checks for an update, the message window appears beneath the open Voodoo window so it is hidden until user close or move the main window. I wait and wait for a response of update and when I give up and close main Voodoo window, then I saw that notification is already there!

Cool, thank you, the cosmetic issue is fixed for 4.33.  That listview control had another cosmetic issue, and someone had reported the one you were reporting, so I was confused, but it will look beautiful in 4.33 ;).

I will check the update prompt and make sure it is on top as well for 4.33.  Thank you!

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #627 on: June 15, 2018, 03:25:13 am »

Thank you Mark... it is working for me too, but I can make sure it is on top for everyone, just in case ;).

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #628 on: June 15, 2018, 03:26:34 am »
another fine release Dan, couple more bugs to fix and if
I were you I would release a 'final' and take a long break..you have
worked your ass off for a long time bro!!
Thank you hayc59, I appreciate that very much!  Yeah, these are all super easy bugs... I figured we would have a few gui glitches like this after making so many changes.  But I will be finished with 4.33 sometime this weekend.

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #629 on: June 15, 2018, 03:28:36 am »
Just downloaded 4.32 and installed over 4.31. Everything works well so far but I noticed a strange issue. If you double click on the tray icon the small window comes up to have you enter the password. If you are not in an active application (tray icon is red) even though the small window seems active, typing does nothing. You have to put the pointer in the box and click to make it active so what you are typing gets entered. If you are in an active application (web or email and the tray icon is blue) and you double click the tray icon the window is active and as soon as you start typing it shows up in the password window. Reproducible (at least on my machine, Dell laptop, Win 10, 1803, latest updates as of June 12th).
Hmmm, that is odd... do you have a password set in VoodooShield Settings / Utility?  Can you please try to clear the password and see if the issue continues?  Basically, if you have a VS password set, VS will prompt you for the password before it lets you into the settings.  As far as the cursor / typing goes, I should be able to refine that a little more.  Thank you!