Author Topic: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread  (Read 157329 times)

Offline gorblimey

• View Profile
Re: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread
« Reply #1515 on: May 17, 2019, 08:11:05 am »
We released VS 5.00 to the public the other day ...

Time for a new thread, yes  ;) :) :D ;D 8)

Offline khanyash

• View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: May 18, 2019, 02:45:17 am »
How good is SMART Mode + Default settings?

I don't want to use any Security software including Windows Defender. Just VS on SMART Mode + Default settings & Windows Firewall.

Win 10 Pro 64-bit (UEFI)

New version 5, New thread would be good.

Dan, any update on the new interface?

Offline oldschool

• View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: May 18, 2019, 05:15:50 am »
How good is SMART Mode + Default settings?

I don't want to use any Security software including Windows Defender. Just VS on SMART Mode + Default settings & Windows Firewall.

Win 10 Pro 64-bit (UEFI)

New version 5, New thread would be good. ...

Good enough, but I'd be more inclined to use Always On if no other security - preferably with "Automatically allow by parent process" unchecked.  Whatever suits your comfort level.  8)
"... still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions..." - Guy Noir, Private Eye

W10 1903 AVG Free Beta + VoodooShield Pro

Offline khanyash

• View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: May 18, 2019, 05:51:27 am »
@oldschool

I use ALWAYS ON Mode. I will try "Automatically allow........" unchecked. Thanks for the info.

Offline simmerskool

• View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: May 18, 2019, 06:27:17 am »

oldschool please remind me where the quoted_setting >>"Automatically allow by parent process" unchecked<< is in Settings.  I recall seeing it in the past, but not seeing it that way in v5.00 tonight, could be my eyes.
I just went down the list in Settings | Basic and I don't see it.  Under | Advanced I see "Automatically scan child processes of allowed parent processes with blacklist and VoodooAi before allow"
thanks /sk

Offline khanyash

• View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: May 18, 2019, 06:30:52 am »
Dan,

It would be good to change the color "Red" for Smart Mode "OFF".

When you start the system & VoodooShield is loading, the VS icon color is Red. If you use Smart Mode then it's a confusion VS is loading or loaded (when you don't use the Desktop Shield but use VS in the Taskbar)

Thanks

Offline khanyash

• View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 18, 2019, 06:32:05 am »

oldschool please remind me where the quoted_setting >>"Automatically allow by parent process" unchecked<< is in Settings.  I recall seeing it in the past, but not seeing it that way in v5.00 tonight, could be my eyes.
I just went down the list in Settings | Basic and I don't see it.  Under | Advanced I see "Automatically scan child processes of allowed parent processes with blacklist and VoodooAi before allow"
thanks /sk

It is under Advanced - Anti-Exploit Settings

Offline Baldrick

• Visiting Experts
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 18, 2019, 10:00:50 am »
Hi Dan

Congratulations on the release of VS 5.00 to the public...that is great news. Your latest & greatest now out there for anyone listening to partake of. ;D

I think that what you said about locking (one more time) is spot on and hopefully those who are not thinking about this will eventually sit up and listen

Glad that finally VS has been gaining a lot of traction lately. Have not seen it personally but then again I do not move in many of the circles that you do.

Glad also that "things are looking great", and hoping that you finally achieve your objective...of many years in the making...you deserve at least that satisfaction, plus associated pecuniary benefits.

Hoping to hear of some of the successes of this 'gain in traction' as and when appropriate.

Keep doing what you do best...and we will be there to support you as best we can ;)

Regards, Baldrick

Offline Antus67

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 18, 2019, 03:25:20 pm »
Hi Dan
   I would like to second that ........
Congratulations on the release of VS 5.00 your software is remarkable to say the least :) Your approach to a secure PC is ahead of its time and you are to be applauded on a outstanding job well done. Our forum is behind you and whatever we can do do help we are here for you. Keep up the good work. ;)

Antus67

Windows Defender
VoodooShield 5.01
Trojan Remover

Offline simmerskool

• View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 18, 2019, 06:51:31 pm »

thanks /sk

thanks!
so per Dan default checked (enabled) IF your web or vulnerable app is listed below, which mine are...
if not listed then uncheck (disable) which is oldschool's preference to leave disabled -- whether or not they are listed...?
/sk

Offline oldschool

• View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 18, 2019, 11:58:18 pm »

thanks /sk

thanks!
so per Dan default checked (enabled) IF your web or vulnerable app is listed below, which mine are...
if not listed then uncheck (disable) which is oldschool's preference to leave disabled -- whether or not they are listed...?
/sk

Thanks for asking, but I see everyone beat me to the punch. We're all in this together!  8)
"... still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions..." - Guy Noir, Private Eye

W10 1903 AVG Free Beta + VoodooShield Pro

Offline Andi

• He died for you, why not live for Him?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: May 19, 2019, 09:45:45 am »
Goodbye v4 thread, it's been a good run  :)

Win10 x64 (1903)
System Security:  Kaspersky free, VoodooShield
Browser Security: AdGuard,Kaspersky Protection

Offline Triple Helix

• Administrator
  • Truth is more of a stranger than fiction.
    • View Profile
    • Webroot Community Supporter
« Reply #1527 on: May 20, 2019, 11:11:33 pm »
V4 Thread closed and please continue with the new V5 stable thread! https://calendarofupdates.org/index.php?topic=4512.0

Thanks everyone for all your help with the Continued Development of VS!

Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security
Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete & VoodooShield Pro
Alienware 17R5 Laptop with the new i9-8950HK Processor, 32GB of RAM and 2 Samsung NVMe 960 Pro's.