Author Topic: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread  (Read 141465 times)

Offline Shmu26

• View Profile
Re: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread
« Reply #1500 on: May 01, 2019, 09:51:41 am »
Hey everyone, sorry I have been away, things have been crazy.

Here is the latest version of VS.  It should be ready for public release, but if you guys find anything we need to change or fix, please let me know!

www.voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield500.exe
SHA256: a9e27a98ab5787b5fa8fa2044d063312846b0cd02ef361ed61c71a4715d64c40

Thank you guys, talk to you soon!
Working smoothly at default settings on Windows 10 1809.

Yesterday I tried out the previous beta version, but at custom settings. I saw a noticeable delay in launching of some apps.
The settings included custom folders, and individual settings for each user.

Offline HempOil

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: May 01, 2019, 04:33:48 pm »
Here is the latest version of VS.  It should be ready for public release, but if you guys find anything we need to change or fix, please let me know!

OK Dan, I know, I know.  But we really do need an updated Help File.  Please?  (And yes, I do remember my coding days.  Help/Instruction manuals are the pits to compose.  I'll take a real-time interrupt-driven multi-source data acquisition any day of the week--but it can't work without the Help File  :( )

Personally, I like to see release notes or a change log. Not only does it appeal to the inner geek in all of us, but it also allows a developer to showcase any new cool features that are enabled.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1809, build 17763.437
Comodo Internet Security Premium 11.0.0.6744 (Hotfix)
VoodooShield 5.00
HMP.A 3.8.0 b839 CPT1 & HMP 3.8.11 b300 (64-bit)
Google Chrome 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit) run in Comodo sandbox

Offline Antarctica

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: May 01, 2019, 05:10:44 pm »

Thanks Dan,

Installed over the top and so far so good. I will keep testing and let you know... :)

Offline schmidthouse

• Do not confuse Kindness for Weakness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: May 01, 2019, 05:49:57 pm »

OK Dan, I know, I know.  But we really do need an updated Help File.  Please?  (And yes, I do remember my coding days.  Help/Instruction manuals are the pits to compose.  I'll take a real-time interrupt-driven multi-source data acquisition any day of the week--but it can't work without the Help File  :( )

Personally, I like to see release notes or a change log. Not only does it appeal to the inner geek in all of us, but it also allows a developer to showcase any new cool features that are enabled.

Agreed.
Also speaks to accountability :)
***HP ENVY 15K LT  W10 Pro 64Bit/750GB HD/ 16GB Ram/Avast Prem.bc/VS 5/Secureline VPN/SANDBOXIE/Prey Project
**HP Compaq Buisness LT W10 Pro 64Bit/1TB HD/ 8GB Ram/Avast Prem. 19.4.2374/VS 5/Avast Secureline/SANDBOXIE/Prey Project     
*Dell Inspiron  xpSP4 PRO 32 Bit/Avast (since 2002)/Comodo FW 3.14/OSA/Comodo Ice Dragon/Avast Secureline
LAYERED SECURITY SOFTWARE PROTECTION on all OS's
When you think you know, Think Again

Offline simmerskool

• View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: May 01, 2019, 06:25:08 pm »
installed 5.00 over 4.99beta2 and VS running aok on win7.
agree about release notes / change log, and agree re updated manual (although I rarely use, have had to use, the VS manual)
sidenote, I installed Andy Ful's Hard_Configurator 4.0.0.2 the other day, and seeing NO conflicts with VS at H_C default config. Perhaps this is too redundant(?), but with no conflict or impact on system speed, don't see the harm.  Andy has great notes and manuals and additional documentation about H_C and SRP.

Offline Baldrick

• Visiting Experts
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: May 01, 2019, 06:49:03 pm »

Thanks Dan,

Installed over the top and so far so good. I will keep testing and let you know... :)

Hi Dan...nice one. Have done a clean install with an associated clear out of the WhiteList, User Log & Command Lines via the web console and so far all seems well here.

Will update if and when I see anything that does not look right.

I smell 'prime time' in the air.  ;)

Regards, Baldrick

Offline oldschool

• View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: May 01, 2019, 07:18:00 pm »
installed 5.00 over 4.99beta2 and VS running aok on win7.
agree about release notes / change log, and agree re updated manual (although I rarely use, have had to use, the VS manual)
sidenote, I installed Andy Ful's Hard_Configurator 4.0.0.2 the other day, and seeing NO conflicts with VS at H_C default config. Perhaps this is too redundant(?), but with no conflict or impact on system speed, don't see the harm.  Andy has great notes and manuals and additional documentation about H_C and SRP.

Agreed on needed VS items mentioned above.

VS and Hard_Configurator don't conflict but are redundant IMO, and I say this having used them together in the past myself. I figure I either trust an app or I don't, and I wanted to simplify.  8)
"... still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions..." - Guy Noir, Private Eye

W10 1809 Windows Defender + VoodooShield Pro

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #1507 on: May 02, 2019, 04:06:44 pm »

The last few versions have not had hardly any new features, all of it was optimizations and fixes under the hood, so the change log would not have been useful to VS supporters.  Moving forward I will try to remember to list the new features that are included with the release.  Thank you!

Offline djg05

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: May 04, 2019, 10:09:58 am »
Hi Dan

Thanks for the update.

5.0 installed yesterday. So far running without issues.

Offline greenhat

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: May 06, 2019, 03:32:43 pm »
Running great on Windows 10 Home, ver. 1809. Installed over Voodooshield Pro 4.99beta without any problems or glitches.
Thanks again Dan, we appreciate this wonderfully coded software you made. Makes a lot of other security software redundant indeed.

Offline ssherjj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: May 06, 2019, 08:02:18 pm »
 beta Thank you Dan! Installed over the top and everything has been running great so far. W10 (64 bit)
Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security 
Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Expert Product Advisor Webroot Forum Gold VIP  (Beta Tester)
VoodooShields  v4.69

Offline Mr.GumP

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: May 11, 2019, 02:39:31 am »
what does clearing the command lines do? is it just the list of triggered commands? Thanks!
--BitDefender AV
--VoodooShield
--OSArmor

Offline oldschool

• View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: May 11, 2019, 06:36:45 am »
what does clearing the command lines do? is it just the list of triggered commands? Thanks!

Not a geek here, but I believe you are correct. It's a list of allowed/blocked command lines. Clearing it is analogous to clearing whitellist I guess.
"... still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions..." - Guy Noir, Private Eye

W10 1809 Windows Defender + VoodooShield Pro

Offline Hardhead

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: May 11, 2019, 09:25:23 am »

Not a geek here, but I believe you are correct. It's a list of allowed/blocked command lines. Clearing it is analogous to clearing whitellist I guess.

Yes, Mr.GumP and oldschool its a list of command that have been ran on your OS. So if you see something odd that you know nothing about how it ran then the list is there to remind you what commands have been ran. Regedit,etc...

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #1514 on: May 17, 2019, 07:02:54 am »
Hey guys, quick update…

We released VS 5.00 to the public the other day, it is the same version you guys are already using, so there is no reason to upgrade.

I am not sure if you guys have noticed or not, but VS has been gaining a lot of traction lately.  This never would have happened if you guys were not behind VS and offering suggestions and helping me along the way.

The VS supporters understand what I have understood for a very long time.  The only way to truly secure a computer is to utilize a locking mechanism.  You guys further understand that the locking mechanism needs to be user-friendly enough for the masses.  And you guys also understand that the ONLY way to provide the most robust and effective lock possible, is through our patented toggling technology.  In other words, you can only lock a computer so tight before it will not even boot properly.  But if you implement a toggling mechanism, you can apply the absolute strongest lock possible, once the computer is up and running.

Anyway, things are looking great.  Sorry I am not nearly as active on forums as I was before.  The whole point of developing VS is to get it to is boring stage.  And I think we are almost there 😉.

Thank you guys!

Dan