Author Topic: VoodooShield v5 STABLE Thread  (Read 9243 times)

Offline Geri123

• View Profile
Re: VoodooShield v5 STABLE Thread
« Reply #195 on: August 10, 2019, 08:53:52 am »
Their ringleader lives in a state in the USA where this kind of behavior is punishable by criminal law, not just civil law.  It is one state out of a handful that do this.
If the things they say are not covered by the "freedom of speech" why not give them a friendly warning first and if they do it again a second (out of kindness) and after that the police/lawyers it is....

Offline Baldrick

• Visiting Experts
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2019, 10:18:30 am »
Think that Dan has been most patient with those morons and the ringleasder if particular...as I have said before, in my humble opinion, to patient by far. In fact I know of no developer out there as communicative, friiendly & embracing as him...but perhaps that is why the morons decide to pick on VS...damn vultures!!!!!

Offline HempOil

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2019, 02:58:09 pm »
In fact I know of no developer out there as communicative, friiendly & embracing as him.

I couldn't agree more.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1903, build 18362.267
Comodo Internet Security Premium 12.0.0.6818
VoodooShield 5.01
HMP.A 3.8.0 Build 839 CTP 1 & HMP 3.8.15 b306 (64-bit)
Google Chrome 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) with Strict-Origin-Isolation enabled and run in Comodo sandbox

Online Triple Helix

• Administrator
  • Truth is more of a stranger than fiction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2019, 03:04:15 pm »
Think that Dan has been most patient with those morons and the ringleasder if particular...as I have said before, in my humble opinion, to patient by far. In fact I know of no developer out there as communicative, friiendly & embracing as him...but perhaps that is why the morons decide to pick on VS...damn vultures!!!!!

I agree and how many Pro licenses has he given out over the years? Way to many to count!
Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security
Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete & VoodooShield Pro & WhitelistCloud
Alienware 17R5 Laptop with the new i9-8950HK Processor, 32GB of RAM and 2 Samsung NVMe 960 Pro's.

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2019, 03:10:24 pm »
Thank you guys, I appreciate that, and I also appreciate everything that you guys have done for VS and myself over the years!

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2019, 03:33:09 pm »
Their ringleader lives in a state in the USA where this kind of behavior is punishable by criminal law, not just civil law.  It is one state out of a handful that do this.
If the things they say are not covered by the "freedom of speech" why not give them a friendly warning first and if they do it again a second (out of kindness) and after that the police/lawyers it is....
There are two main parts to this...

People have an absolute right to freedom of speech as long as what they are saying is true, otherwise they are subject to libel.  I actually appreciate constructive that people provide for VS... it is one of the things that made it what it is today.  But when people post absolute lies, they must be corrected.

People also have an absolute right to freedom of speech as long as they do not coerce, intimidate, harass or stalk other people.

The ringleader is guilty of all of the above and he is fully aware that I have massive amounts of evidence to substantiate this, and his writing style includes 4-5 major characteristics that are a dead giveaway.  They are as telling as the cookie crumbs on a 5 year old's face who was caught sneaking cookies from the cookie jar.  I believe he has been trying to bait me for several years so that I would post something that was untrue about the ringleader so he could sue me for libel, but truth is an absolute defense to libel, so I have been very careful to be 100% honest, simply to deprive him of that opportunity.

I have provided him with many warnings, two on page 13 of this thread alone, which he has responded to.  He believes that his VPN will protect him, but trust me, it will not.  I do not even use a VPN, instead I exercise the truth.

Trust me, this will all be over soon, and I apologize that it has been necessary to make this public.  Thank you guys!

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2019, 07:33:29 pm »
Hey, my first new topic in 7-8 years ;).

https://calendarofupdates.org/index.php?topic=4856.0

Offline Jasper The Rasper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2019, 07:57:33 pm »
There are two main parts to this...

People have an absolute right to freedom of speech as long as what they are saying is true, otherwise they are subject to libel.  I actually appreciate constructive that people provide for VS... it is one of the things that made it what it is today.  But when people post absolute lies, they must be corrected.

People also have an absolute right to freedom of speech as long as they do not coerce, intimidate, harass or stalk other people.

The ringleader is guilty of all of the above and he is fully aware that I have massive amounts of evidence to substantiate this, and his writing style includes 4-5 major characteristics that are a dead giveaway.  They are as telling as the cookie crumbs on a 5 year old's face who was caught sneaking cookies from the cookie jar.  I believe he has been trying to bait me for several years so that I would post something that was untrue about the ringleader so he could sue me for libel, but truth is an absolute defense to libel, so I have been very careful to be 100% honest, simply to deprive him of that opportunity.

I have provided him with many warnings, two on page 13 of this thread alone, which he has responded to.  He believes that his VPN will protect him, but trust me, it will not.  I do not even use a VPN, instead I exercise the truth.

Trust me, this will all be over soon, and I apologize that it has been necessary to make this public.  Thank you guys!

As far as I can see there is nothing for you apologize for at all. It is just a shame there are people like that out there who seem to enjoy causing so much hassle for people.

Offline Geri123

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 11, 2019, 03:30:51 pm »
No critic or so just random feedback :D
Just wanted to install Eso again. https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/home
I uploaded the installer exe to virus total before trying to install it with VS (on autopilot) it's still labeled as "suspicous".
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/68d676d2aeafacad098178f52d98d9d0aae313e20a4cf8d614e584c7c56da568/detectionÂ

Offline Telos

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 15, 2019, 02:44:28 am »
Nearly evey PNG file I right-click and "Open with" and select Windows Photo Viewer brings up an alert. This drives me nuts.

This doesn't happen with "Paint" but nearly every (I think all) time with Windows Photo Viewer.

This is not a new issue, but one I've had over many upgrades. How to stop this? Thanks.

Offline gorblimey

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 15, 2019, 03:34:05 am »
Nearly evey PNG file I right-click and "Open with" and select Windows Photo Viewer brings up an alert. This drives me nuts.

The .png extension makes me thirst for (more) "Details".

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #206 on: August 16, 2019, 06:33:43 am »
No critic or so just random feedback :D
Just wanted to install Eso again. https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/home
I uploaded the installer exe to virus total before trying to install it with VS (on autopilot) it's still labeled as "suspicous".
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/68d676d2aeafacad098178f52d98d9d0aae313e20a4cf8d614e584c7c56da568/detectionÂ
Thank you, yeah, I need to increase the upload limit in VS from 100 to 550 or whatever it is, and that will certainly help.  We are pretty much finished with WC, and after I optimize it for a couple of weeks, we will figure out how to best implement it into VS so that everything matches.  Right now, the VoodooAi in VS is completely different from WC and vice versa, simply because I am trying a bunch of different things to find out what works best.  Anyway, once all of that is figure out, everything will be optimized and everything will match ;).  And at that point I will rework the whole blacklist / VoodooAi stuff in VS... it will be super cool ;).

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #207 on: August 16, 2019, 06:35:15 am »

This doesn't happen with "Paint" but nearly every (I think all) time with Windows Photo Viewer.

This is not a new issue, but one I've had over many upgrades. How to stop this? Thanks.
Hmmm, that is odd, I cannot reproduce this.  Can you try it again, then post the block event from the DeveloperLog?  That will give me an idea of why this is being blocked, thank you!

Offline Telos

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 16, 2019, 04:42:25 pm »

Hmmm, that is odd, I cannot reproduce this.  Can you try it again, then post the block event from the DeveloperLog?  That will give me an idea of why this is being blocked, thank you!
[/quote]
Sure, Dan... See attached.

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #209 on: August 16, 2019, 05:22:38 pm »
Thank you Telos, I will fix this for VS 5.02!