Author Topic: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread  (Read 38048 times)

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
Re: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2018, 03:06:38 pm »
And again today I had to re register... something not working like it should over here... Dan, any logs I can sent you to clear up this mystery?
Have you tried to exit out of VS, then delete the voodooshield-token.json in the C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield folder, then restart VS and register one last time?  Thank you!
Yes I have done that this morning and now (evening here) I have to re register again.
The laptop was on all day.
The only thing i can think of is that i have a very unreliable wifi connection.
Maybe that has something to do with it?
Same here.  I have to reregister every couple of days.  I am using 4.15
Hmmm, that is odd.  Have you tried to go to the VS's Management Console (right click on VS and choose Management Console), and remove that device?  Maybe even remove the token from c:\ProgramData\VoodooShield?  Thank you!
I deleted the voodooshield-token from Program Data.  I get the attached pop ups when I enter my password.  My license is good until 12/19/19.  My Dashboard shows only 1 computer.

Any suggestions?
I see... The first prompt will let the user automatically log in to the Management Console by storing the password.  The password is not stored by default, in case admins do not want end users to automatically log into the MC.

It looks like we just need to increase your number of seats... I can do that for you, please email me at support at voodooshield.com, and I will know what email address your account uses, so I can increase the number of seats.  Thank you!
People believe what they are led to believe, or want to believe, whether it is true or not.

Karma is the great equalizer.

Offline Telos

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2018, 03:37:43 pm »
For Chrome... do you have it installed on the C Drive?  From what I remember, you install your programs on the D drive, right?  That might be why googleupdate.exe is in appdata... just a guess.  If so, I should be able to fix this pretty easily by installing Chrome on the D drive, which should fix other issues as well.
Chrome is installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)" by default. Google doesn't give me the option to choose another partition. This could be related to other Google programs, IDK. But they all reside in their default locations. FWIW, googleupdate.exe exists in both "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" and "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe". Both locations are updated apparently as they share the same version number. Apparently one is for the gupdate service. Thanks.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/GoogleUpdate.exe-24397.html
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/GoogleUpdate.exe-25791.html

Offline Gandalf

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2018, 05:22:08 pm »
And again today I had to re register... something not working like it should over here... Dan, any logs I can sent you to clear up this mystery?
Have you tried to exit out of VS, then delete the voodooshield-token.json in the C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield folder, then restart VS and register one last time?  Thank you!
Yes I have done that this morning and now (evening here) I have to re register again.
The laptop was on all day.
The only thing i can think of is that i have a very unreliable wifi connection.
Maybe that has something to do with it?
Same here.  I have to reregister every couple of days.  I am using 4.15
Hmmm, that is odd.  Have you tried to go to the VS's Management Console (right click on VS and choose Management Console), and remove that device?  Maybe even remove the token from c:\ProgramData\VoodooShield?  Thank you!
I've done that now. Will let you know how it goes...
EDIT: This morning the registration is gone again unfortunately  :(
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 08:51:25 am by Gandalf »
Windows 10 Home x64 | Emsisoft Anti-Malware | VoodooShield

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2018, 10:44:46 am »
That is odd... please email me at support at voodooshield.com and we will figure it out, thank you!
People believe what they are led to believe, or want to believe, whether it is true or not.

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2018, 10:46:14 am »
I have not yet posted a video on COU, so I wanted to do a little test to see how it works.  Here it goes ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkuNpgACH0

Offline Silver0066

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2018, 04:53:48 pm »
I have not yet posted a video on COU, so I wanted to do a little test to see how it works.  Here it goes ;)

It works and made me smile.

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2018, 06:11:51 pm »

It works and made me smile.
Well, my work is done then... all I wanted to do was to make people smile ;)

Well, and to lock their computers when they are at risk ;).

Offline Andi

• He died for you, why not live for Him?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2018, 08:51:24 pm »
It is possible that we see links to videos like "preview" and not only like address?

And how to put some link address beneath the word like "LINK"?
Win10 x64
Security: BitDefender free, VoodooShield, AdGuard, HTTPS Everywhere, WDBP, Open DNS

Offline Telos

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2018, 04:01:32 pm »

Like this? Not Again !

Offline Andi

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2018, 05:51:19 pm »

Like this? Not Again !

Yea, like this!
How you do this? I have only manage to put it in full addres form like this:

https://youtu.be/zBkuNpgACH0
Win10 x64
Security: BitDefender free, VoodooShield, AdGuard, HTTPS Everywhere, WDBP, Open DNS

Offline Telos

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2018, 06:47:31 pm »
Yea, like this!
How you do this?
Enter the url such as this...
Code: [Select]
[url=https://youtu.be/zBkuNpgACH0]Text you want to see linked[/url]I had to do this in a code box so you could see what it looks like.

Using that same coding (from first "[" to last "]") outside the code box then gives you this...
Text you want to see linked

FWIW you cannot embed videos here (unless of course, COU allows it)

Offline Andi

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2018, 07:33:19 pm »
Yea, like this!
How you do this?
Enter the url such as this...
[url=https://youtu.be/zBkuNpgACH0]Text you want to see linked[/url]I had to do this in a code box so you could see what it looks like.

Using that same coding (from first "[" to last "]") outside the code box then gives you this...
Text you want to see linked

FWIW you cannot embed videos here (unless of course, COU allows it)

Aha, I see... ;)

LINK

Win10 x64

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2018, 08:24:24 pm »
Yeah, I was wondering if COU would display a preview of the youtube video... is this possible?

Also, I am wrapping up the next version of VS... there are around 5-6 bugs that I am fixing, and hopefully it will be ready soon.

BTW, someone was asking why the same item is listed in VoodooShield Settings / Whitelist.  Basically, if you see duplicates, please scroll over to the right, and you will see that the items have different parent processes, which is why they are listed multiple times.  Performing the Parent Process check adds a whole new level of security... along with the other security features that were added in VS 4.0.

I guess what I am saying is that VS 3.0 was locked down very tight, but VS 4.0 is locked down even further.  And sure, we have had some bugs to overcome, but it is worth it.

Also, a couple people have had issues with VS starting after a computer reboot.  If you are experiencing this issue, can you please try the following, and let me know how it goes?

1.            Stop the VoodooShieldService
2.            Open a Command Prompt as Administrator
3.            Run this:  sc config VoodooShieldService depend= LSM
4.            Reboot and hope that VS starts normally 😉.

This will set the Local Session Manager service as a dependency for the VoodooShieldService.

Also, if you set the VoodooShieldService Startup Type to Automatic (Delayed Start), please set it to just Automatic.  A couple of people that were having this issue set their VoodooShieldService to delayed start, and this temporarily fixed the issue, but we need to find a permanent fix for everyone.

Thank you guys!

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2018, 09:51:04 pm »
BTW, there have been a lot of reports about OSA's OSArmorDevCfg not working correctly with VS.  I just finished looking at this, and I really think it is something that has to be fixed on their end... here is why I believe this to be the case.

1.  It worked perfectly before OSA Test22, and nothing has changed in VS 4.15.

2.  If you temporarily replace the OSArmorDevCfg.exe app (in C:\Program Files\NoVirusThanks\OSArmorDevSvc) with another executable, like any simple portable app, it will work just fine.  It is only with the original OSArmorDevCfg app where there is an issue.

3.  If you look at VS's DeveloperLog.log,  you will clearly see that VS allowed it.

So I am not sure what is going on... but it would be great to get this resolved, since it looks like a lot of people are going to be running OSA with VS.

Also, I found a rather significant bug earlier today, and I think it is the cause of most or all any odd blocks that people were experiencing.  Basically, when a parent process tries to spawn a child process, and the child process's file size is 0 bytes, then there was an exception in VS.  I discovered this bug after running "SpectreMeltdownCheck.exe" by Ashampoo.  I think it is also responsible for the GitHub Desktop issues that people were experiencing, and possibly even the googleupdate bug that Telos was experiencing.

Also, I think I found a permanent fix for the DISMHost debacle... so that we do not have to add hardwired hashes when they are released every 6 months or so.  So for the next version, please let me know if you guys experience any DISMHost blocks.

I hope to have 4.16 ready for you guys in the next day or so, thank you guys!

Offline Telos

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2018, 03:17:38 am »
Yeah, I was wondering if COU would display a preview of the youtube video... is this possible?
ICBW but if bb code for html is enabled, one could embed YouTube (other?) video links as such:
[html]
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zBkuNpgACH0?rel=0" frameborder="0" </iframe>
[/html]

There may be other simpler ways to do this. Perhaps an Admin can chime in here.