Author Topic: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread  (Read 19221 times)

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
Re: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread
« Reply #465 on: April 15, 2018, 08:32:59 am »
Hi Dan, no indicator thingy on the green till yellow scale again. VS 4.28. Win 7 64bit
Is it just for this item?  Hopefully so... but if not, please let me know.  It is a very long story, but it will be fixed soon either way ;).  Thank you!
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #466 on: April 15, 2018, 08:34:59 am »
I get the attached popup with v4.28. The file is located in the nvidiacontainer folder in c:\Program Files.  If I hit either Block or Allow, the popup just keeps coming back immediately.  Endless loop.  Any suggestions?
I searched our logs and found the error... can you please send me your DeveloperLog.log (support@voodooshield.com)... it might have more info that I need.  I have a hunch what is going on... and it should be a simple fix.  Thank you for reporting that!

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #467 on: April 15, 2018, 08:39:57 am »
win10 w/ windows defender   auto-update 4.28 installs without a peep     win7 w/ norton ns   auto-updated triggered norton firewall but still installed. i love vs.  attach is info for dan
Hmmm, very interesting, thank you for letting me know!  If you go to c:\Program Files\VoodooShield\VoodooShield.exe, and right click and check out the digital signature, does everything look okay?  I just double checked it and it looks good on my end.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Hi Dan - I did get "no digital sig" at the last element to be loaded and also got a "code (5)" popup whatever that means, but continued to install ok. This was an auto update on Win 8.1. Have just tried installing 4.28 again and no issues. Maybe it is only on auto that it happens.
Are you talking about when you install or upgrade VS?  If so... I just fixed this today, and it will be fixed in the next release.  Basically, the service used to not start VS after installation, but now it does.  We used to have the installer start VS after installation.  Well... the two conflicted because they were essentially trying to start VS at the same time.  It was an easy fix... I just had to comment out the code in the installer that started VS after installation ;).  Please try the next version in a couple of days, and if you have any problems, please let me know... thank you!

Offline Geri123

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 15, 2018, 09:49:15 am »
Hi Dan, no indicator thingy on the green till yellow scale again. VS 4.28. Win 7 64bit
Is it just for this item?  Hopefully so... but if not, please let me know.  It is a very long story, but it will be fixed soon either way ;).  Thank you!
It was just this programm at that moment. When i see that happening i just report it so it is hopefully easier to fix :)
Have a nice weekend all

Offline Silver0066

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 15, 2018, 01:42:32 pm »
@Silver0066 - what does the "Details" button (bottom right of the red box) tell you?  Also, at what stage does the popup appear--booting, lighting an app, etc?  (I do seem to remember that Nvidia can be problematical at times, but this doesn't seem to be one of those.)
I re-installed the Nvidia drivers and everything is now OK.

Offline ya5hkh4n

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 16, 2018, 12:09:26 am »
Dan,

Is there any time set to connect to cloud for the verdict?
Like couple secs, and if VS cannot connect to cloud for some reasons within those secs, it will give an alert "connect to internet......" or cloud error or something.

Offline gorblimey

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 16, 2018, 07:26:53 am »
I re-installed the Nvidia drivers and everything is now OK.

No worries  :)

Offline Silver0066

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 16, 2018, 01:26:06 pm »
I get the attached popup with v4.28. The file is located in the nvidiacontainer folder in c:\Program Files.  If I hit either Block or Allow, the popup just keeps coming back immediately.  Endless loop.  Any suggestions?
I searched our logs and found the error... can you please send me your DeveloperLog.log (support@voodooshield.com)... it might have more info that I need.  I have a hunch what is going on... and it should be a simple fix.  Thank you for reporting that!
Hi Dan,
Before I saw this reply, I did a full restore of my system drive and reinstalled the Nvidia driver and all is working well.  As a result, I don't have the logs.
Thanks anyway,
Silver

Offline ya5hkh4n

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 20, 2018, 05:44:29 am »
Dan,

On one of my systems, I use the following tweaked settings-

Mode - AutoPilot

Advanced Settings
Automatically scan blocked files with the multi-engine blacklist scanner [ Unchecked ]

Rules
Allow All files on My Computer when VoodooShield is ON, OFF, AUTOPILOT
If VoodooAi is less than or equal to 90

Offline i.e internet disconnected or not available, UNSAFE programs are allowed instead of generating alerts.

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #474 on: April 20, 2018, 02:05:34 pm »
Hmmm, interesting, thank you for letting me know.  There must be a reason... what was the VoodooAi score?  Out of curiosity, what was the blacklist scan result?

Can you send me the file?

Now that you mention this... we should consider disabling certain options when VS is on AutoPilot.  When VS is on AutoPilot, all of the file insight mechanisms really should be enabled.  In other words... AutoPilot utilizes the file insight mechanisms to determine whether to automatically allow a file or not... and if the user starts turning off these mechanisms, who knows what could go wrong.

Thank you!

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #475 on: April 20, 2018, 02:23:17 pm »
Hi Dan,
Before I saw this reply, I did a full restore of my system drive and reinstalled the Nvidia driver and all is working well.  As a result, I don't have the logs.
Thanks anyway,
Silver
Thank you for letting me know... there is a slight tweak I need to make for drivers, and I found a way to reproduce a similar situation, so I will do that today or this weekend and release the next version.  There were a couple of other small bug fixes the last couple of weeks that I have already fixed as well...

1.  Startup message after installation - The installer used to start VS after installation, but since the service starts the gui now, I needed to remove the startup entry from the installer... otherwise sometimes both were trying to start VS at the exact same time, and it would display an error message.

2.  Weird command line bug when the process name was nothing - A user reported a bug and it was easy to reproduce and fix... it was a very, very odd situation.

BTW, the error logs are pretty much completely error free at this point, so we are in great shape.

Thank you guys, have great weekend!

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #476 on: April 20, 2018, 02:27:02 pm »
Dan,

Like couple secs, and if VS cannot connect to cloud for some reasons within those secs, it will give an alert "connect to internet......" or cloud error or something.
Yes, there is currently a 3 second timeout.  Is that about right, or should I increase or decrease it?  Thank you!

Offline VoodooShield

• VoodooShield Developer
  • VoodooShield Support
    • View Profile
    • VoodooShield
« Reply #477 on: April 20, 2018, 02:31:14 pm »
It was just this programm at that moment. When i see that happening i just report it so it is hopefully easier to fix :)
Have a nice weekend all
I see... that makes sense.  Yeah, there are still a few invalid VoodooAi results being stored in the database from old versions of VS.  As users upgrade to 4.28, this will occur less and less frequently.  These invalid entries are removed from the database twice a day... but every one in a while, this will probably continue to happen until everyone is on 4.28 or above.  Thank you!

Offline Mx

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 20, 2018, 06:04:14 pm »
Dan,

Two comments:

1-I have VS free , how can I reinstall it if I forgot the password?
2-Relatively often, I have this message: Internet Connection Not Detected!
   What could it be? The firewall is discarded because VS is completely allowed.

Thanks.

Offline ya5hkh4n

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 20, 2018, 07:09:29 pm »
Dan,

Yes, there is currently a 3 second timeout.  Is that about right, or should I increase or decrease it?  Thank you!
I think an option would be good. And users can set as per their fast or slow internet connection.